Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012

This week was really good still nobody made it to church but we are working hard and my portugues is improving. now im understandable i can understand alot of things. and i can comment on almost anything. but my accent is still pretty bad. i heard and at times people dont understand me ha ha. Im excited to get the conference liahona here i havent had a chance to see if they have it in the mission office. but I really like what you said about prayer its really important. i see people every day that are scared to pray in front of people or dont know how and its kind of sad. so i think if there is one good thing someone  can teach their  children its that they should pray. and like the prophet affirmed that these prayers will be answered. this week has been good but we lack seriously serious investigators. people that really want to know and want to change. we talk with really nice people that seem like they progress but we had NOBODY at church so ya but im hoping  for a miracle you know. ha ha about Obama oh well the laws of land can change but the church standards dont and until the goverment starts to infringe on that right ill just complain about the rising gas prices and the falling economy. but if we make our home a sanctuary from the world we have no need to fear men. Today i broke a rule....   I worked on Pday ha ha but this investigator is pretty promising she listens and shes already talkin about visiting church and she has to children one 8 and one 9 :) ha ha and carol her sister is really intelligent too. only one problem ha ha they have a mother or an aunt that lives close and is Evangelical and doesnt like us ha ha. But its been good I actually feel right now that im working and seeing progress at least with me. I feel more of a love for the work now and thats good ha ha And my companion is just great. he works and best of all hes teachng me things in portugues haha Im not gonna lie. im kinda excited for christmas its been almost 7 months since i talked to you guys face to face. ha ha i think it will be fun I hope I get another brazilian this transfer. and i would like to send one more to the house so i can say im a Serial Killer. haha and Id like to have someone who knows what theyre doing for christmas and carnival. ha ha but I kinda hope i train next. ha ha I miss my trainee... but hes in a better place... dang he'll be finishing up his 12 weeks this transfer. its crazy to think ive already cut 1/4 of my mission already cuz i feel like im still in the beginning and i sure dont feel like That guy that i always expected a missionary with 7 months would feel ha ha. i got some pics for you the first is me on the couch my companion took figured id include it .



and the other 2 are of the top of the temple at night from across the river from my area I liked it moroni is pretty lit up in the pic to bad hes facing away from me ha ha but ya No Baptisms still... but At least I have a brighter future.... until I go home to the country run by Obama haha but be postive The world is pretty bad in America but I tell you Its worse here. theres trash in the streets and when I told my friend Moises that salt lake isnt perfect and that they had a billboard with a girl in a bikini he laughed cuz here its normal. but ya things here are improving but its pretty wicked Thanks guys for all the letters Try to do what is right and If you dont Repent and  try a little harder :) Love you all 
Elder J. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment