Monday, June 17, 2013

14 Month Anniversary Today!

Hey Everybody Im doing good This week we had a stressful baptism. The Person who was baptized is a Members Girlfriend who has been avoiding the missionaries and trying not to be baptized her Boyfriend (Who will be going on a Mission) came to us and told us that she was ready to recieve our messages. we taught her in the Church so that Her baptism would be a surprise for His parents we marked her Baptism to be this saturday wich was the same day as a ward party The plan was that we would Baptize her after the party and that we would advise his parent on the hour. So that was it we went to the party and... His dad didnt go so the surprise had to just be for his Mom. and then I got a call from someone in my district that told me I had an baptismal Interview to do. so we had to do the baptism earlier. So we talked to the Bishop who was pretty reluctant to stop the party because the font is in the same room but we called some people to another room and we had the Baptism meeting and we had the two dress in white and we managed to get his mom in the room. And when the walked in the Mom said Are you serious? and started crying and everyone started crying that is except me haha and we had the Baptism. And I was STRESSED haha but It all went great . So heres a pic of Everyone Crying haha And I cant believe yesterday was fathers day haha Because here its on a Different day haha. But Its funny I was actually telling Deid in a Letter today about Dad. But Ya Happy fathers day Dad Its funny that this happened with Koby haha Im glad he learned this lesson haha Its funny because now If You told me that I wouldnt have done it haha Ive learned This lesson through and through that My Dad Knows what i need. haha And whats good for me. I was telling Deid that Your my best friend I didnt know I had haha I always enjoyed spending time with you but now I see that you and me are two apples of the same tree and the same branch haha You may be a little older than me but our minds run the same way haha. I was thinking this week about My gift (that im sure came from you) that I have with cars and wood the ability to see how it works and then know how to fix it or think it out and Understand. and I realize That This gift works on the church level that Im beginning to Understand how the Gospel Works haha I remember a long time ago in my first area Moises telling me that The gospel was Like a motorcycle and I told Him ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE haha but Now im beginning to see that he is Right haha The gospel Is full of Parts that make it work. and to understand It I needed to do what I did to Learn how a motorcycle works the first thing I learned Is that the motor needs Air, gas and Ignition to run and from there I learned about the systems the motor the drivetrain the Intake system the Exhaust and the cooling system Learning Every function of every part and the gospel has been the same way with me. I now look at the gospel with different Eyes and I see clearer now I look at life differently and Im Loving it. I feel comfortable with the gospel and I believe that I can Explain how it works now just as good as I can Explain how a Motorcycle works haha. Im Proud of You and Mom you guys always led me on the right path even if I didnt Know why and you always let me Learn the Lessons that I needed to Learn. Im thankful Every day for the chance that I have to be here in brasil to Learn and Grow I miss you guys alot. More than Ever but I dont Let it get to me. :) And I am very thankful for the Encouragement that I get from You and Mom I Love you Dad (and Mom) :) and I pray that we will have many opportunities to Hang out when I get home haha :) Tchau and Until next week 
Elder J. Smith 
Elder Rios and Elder Smith at their latest Baptizmo

No comments:

Post a Comment